Friday, March 7, 2014

Blog 4

This unit was interesting to me because I like learning about other cultures. When we played cards in class, I was comfortable with my first table! That was my culture. However, when I moved tables I was shocked at how the other group was playing. The way they were playing was wrong and no one would listen to me. It almost made me angry! I realized that I was being ethnocentric, I had to understand that they play differently just like other cultures have multiple perspectives and ways they do things. The video God Grew Tired of Us opened my eyes to how our views are quite different from the rest of the world. Living in the same place for all of my life has limited me to learning new cultures. But when I am older I plan on traveling a lot and getting to know different cultures. In America, eating with utensils is a more just like leaving food on your plate is a more in china and finishing it all is a taboo!

1 comment:

  1. Katy - I would love to see you use more of the vocabulary in your posts. For example, what did God Grew Tired of Us open your eyes to? Norms? GEstures? Values? etc... Careful of capitalizations like China.

    ReplyDelete