Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Service Hours

For my community service, I completed all my hours through Bocce Ball and Stevenson's Blood drive. 
       Bocce Ball was an all day event where we worked with special needs and refereed and helped them play the game that they love!  This was the first time I have ever one on one interacted with special needs people. It was honestly nothing I expected it to be and was such a rewarding experience. I am so happy I decided to participate in this event organized by Sal. Everyone was so kind and it also didn't hurt to learn about a sport I have never played before! The smiles on the participant's faces were absolutely priceless and I will never forget the time I enjoyed with them.
       The blood drive was something that I really wanted to do and has been on my bucket list for quite sometime. I am usually not good with blood and couldn't even imagine the amount that would leave my body, but knowing that I could potentially save three lives by donating, I knew it was something I wanted to do. The blood drive was hosted at Stevenson but it was through LifeSource and their website is LifeSource.org and my ID number was W2868 14 013055. I am happy I went through with this and turns out it wasn't as hard for me as I assumed it would be! (They say this blood drive counted towards 3 service hours)





1 comment:

  1. Those are great pics! At the least the bocce ones are - the blood drive kinda grosses me out :-)

    ReplyDelete